So I was able to get down to the LOST premiere yesterday at Waikiki’s Sunset on the Beach.
Quite an experience…
We ended up being there for FIVE HOURS total. We got there around 3 pm, with the red carpet arrivals starting at 5 pm. Already at 3 pm, the beach was totally packed!
- I really wanted to see just HOW crowded the beach itself really was…so we ventured out there initially…and umm….YEAH. CROWDED! Pretty much wall-to-wall people…as we were walking thru the crowd, I KNOW everyone was looking at us glaring and thinking “UMM…DO NOT sit here and block our view.” Ha! Don’t worry…we didn’t.
Oh, and in case you were wondering…all those beach umbrellas DID come down before the show started.
- Here’s the view of the red carpet. Can you see the TEENY little red carpet up in the top left there? LOOK AT ALL THOSE PEOPLE! And that’s just one SIDE. There’s an identical sized group on the right as well (that you can’t see in this pic). The cast’s limos/cars would drive right down this road and the stars would get out at the red carpet. My view was actually BEHIND the red carpet, but I was able to see the ENTIRE cast arrive, even if after they got out, they would walk towards the crowd, thus leaving us all with only a view of their backs. It was still better to be where I was rather than BEHIND all those crowds of people…
- Because of where I was in relation to the stars, I couldn’t really get great still shots of them. This was just one of the few still shots I got…Jorge Garcia. And NOW you can see the size of the crowd on this side…Crazy huh?
- Just to give you an idea…this pic was taken just before the show was going to start. Can you believe that crowd?! Oh, and just to let you know…ALL those people standing right there…STAYED STANDING the entire show. Those poor people sitting right behind them WEREN’T too happy. There were a bunch of yellers screaming for them to sit down…but no security people made them move, so…why would they move?!
- This was the view of the screen & the stage from our seats. Not bad huh? The only thing was that because we were at such an angle from the screen, they sound wasn’t the greatest. But considering how CROWDED it was…I doubt the sound was great from anywhere anyway. We were really lucky to get those seats.
- The formal program of the show was basically just the producers/creators introducing each of the cast members, then they showed the premiere of the show.
- Besides being able to see the entire cast in person…the other highlight of the night? FREE T-SHIRT! But you had to work for it! They passed out a survey that you had to fill out AFTER watching the premiere…then you turned in the survey for the free shirt. Now the crowd you had to fight to GET the shirt was pretty crazy. It was me being shoved up against TONS of sticky, sweaty people the entire time. Had to stay that way otherwise you’d NEVER get to the front of the crowd. Pretty gross and uncomfortable…but worth it to get the shirt. :-p
Just some random notes:
- The cutest star was Yunjin Kim. She was the most friendly and really acknowledged the crowd. She also looked super cute. I think she was the only star who actually brought her purse too.
- Evangeline Lilly was so…TONED. Her arms are ridiculous. As soon as she stepped out of the car, everyone was like…WHOA.
- The guys who looked better in person to me were Terry O’Quinn (Locke) and Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond).
Overall, it was a great experience. Even tho it’s hard to believe we sat there and waited all that time with all those people…like I said…we’re NEVER going to have ANOTHER show in Hawaii THAT popular like LOST probably ever. This is the LAST season! Had to experience it with everyone! Glad I did!
*Thanks again RT for being my LOST buddy…wouldn’t have been able to go if you didn’t accompany me!
**OK, now if you DON’T want to know what happens in that first episode, DON’T READ ANY FURTHER…
What I will say tho is that I am JUST AS LOST as ever after watching the premiere. Thank god I can watch it again on Tuesday. :-p And I will have to. Just some things I can say about what happens:
- Juliet DOES DIE. Altho not immediately. At least she and Sawyer got to have their last moment together…with Juliet dying in his arms. Altho like RT said…it was basically for nothing…
- Does the bomb work? Umm…THAT’S what we’re not too sure about. It seems like it DID and it DIDN’T
There were two major storylines going on:
- 1st: We see all of them recovering from whatever kind of explosion happened when Juliet made the bomb go off…so obviously it kinda didn’t work because they’re all still on the island.
- 2nd: Oceanic flight all over again (almost like the pilot episode again)…we get to see Boone & Charlie again! And…it DOESN’T CRASH. It actually LANDS in Los Angeles. Huh?!
- LOCKE is the smoke monster? WHY THE FACE?! So confused…
Hopefully when I watch the episode AGAIN, it’ll become more clear. But the way this show is…I doubt it. Guess that’s why you gotta love LOST.