Most of the time, It pays to follow your gut…and thank god Denise did just that! Her boss was really kind of a jerk, but I’m glad Denise went on her hunch and followed up with that boy’s situation. She basically saved his and his mother’s lives!
Altho she gets more time with her family, I felt really bad for Joan…being held back from deployment because of her head trauma. We all know just how DEDICATED Joan is to the Army and her men…so to not be able to deploy with them must be killing her. But that diagnosis, like Michael said, was QUITE SERIOUS. She really needs to rest and heal so that she really CAN go back out into the field again. For her sake and her family’s sake…I hope Joan actually listens and tries to recover. She needs it!
How CONVENIENT that right AFTER Pamela gets her job on the police force, Denise falls into a situation where she could really USE Pamela. VERY CONVENIENT.
Pam’s partner cracks me up. He’s quite an “easy sale”…just an offer to buy him lunch and Pam convinced him to help her with Denise’s case. So funny. I think he’s a good guy…just “guarded.” He seems to be SLOWLY warming up to Pam tho…
That little shooting accident involving Jeremy was quite the shocker! Didn’t expect it to happen when it did! Boy was Jeremy lucky!
Very cute how Frank came to check up on him…so glad they’ve mended their relationship and Jeremy can really “lean” on Frank. It’s sweet.
Just a few comments about a couple of my favorite performances from tonight:
Robert & Courtney
Robert is definitely this season’s Mark Kanemura. He tackled a Sonja number like NOTHING. It was SO quirky and funky…and he was great! Still can’t BELIEVE he was in the B3 last week?! I voted this week! I don’t want him to be in danger again! He deserves to still be there!
Alex & Twitch
In a surprise pick, Alex picked TWITCH out of the hat to be his dance partner this week! Two guys doing a number together during the COMPETITION part of the show?! That’s a first!
I wasn’t the biggest fan of Alex’s…this week’s performance raised my opinion of him a bit. He was great!
When you think Alex is normally a BALLET DANCER…and he had to tackle hip hop…which is probably the FARTHEST from his comfort zone!
NappyTabs still rules…their routines are always so creative and fresh. LOVED the concept…Alex the ballet dancer in a psych session with Twitch who’s trying to pull him out of his “funk” and make him a hip hop dancer. AWESOME.
Alex really pulled it off…but I’m SURE having to dance with Twitch DEFINITELY ELEVATED his performance. Not to mention he was given some STELLAR choreography.
This week’s kind of a no brainer for me. I’m gonna have to say that I think MELINDA’S time is up. Her latin dance she did tonight really was awkward, even tho you could tell she was really trying. It was a bit mean of Mia to say she felt they made a mistake in keeping Melinda over Cristina last week, but…I can see why she said it. Altho I hate to see yet ANOTHER GIRL leave the competition, I think it’s inevitable…unless in some miracle Melinda doesn’t end up in the B3. Which I highly doubt.
Debra Romer is a 21 year-old student and waitress who’s dream is to become a professional musician/performer. She’s had a bit of a tough life growing up, and she seems like a very sweet, humble girl.
As soon as she starts to sing…WOW. Her voice does NOT match her look. She sounded JUST like Sarah McLachlan. SUCH a pretty tone. Seriously. The only issue? Her confidence. Howie is totally right. She seemed SO NERVOUS up there on stage…in fact, she took a few seconds to actually start singing because she had to take a couple deep breaths to get herself motivated. If she can just HONE her confidence in herself, she really COULD be a great musician. She’s definitely got the voice for it.
I was actually really surprised that Piers didn’t see that same nervousness that Howie & Sharon did. I mean…it’s VERY OBVIOUS. I can see how Piers took that as innocence, but…come on now. There’s innocence…and there’s fear. I felt actual fear from her while she was performing. But I’m really glad they gave her another shot. That voice deserves to be heard again…she just had to “step it up” big time in the next round. I really hope she does!
Carlos Aponte is from Puerto Rico and tried out for America’s Got Talent during the Chicago auditions. When he starts talking about himself and how he can sing…Umm…NOT TOO CONFIDENT that this guy’s gonna have ANY talent whatsoever, I gotta be honest.
Then he starts to sing…and…OMG…did NOT expect THAT VOICE to come out of this guy…NOT AT ALL.
Another “Susan Boyle moment,” where I totally judged the guy from initial impression, and I (and everyone else in the audience, including the judges) was proven wrong.
He’s likable because he seems so foreign and innocent…can barely speak good English. Doesn’t even understand everything the judges said to him. But can’t deny that voice…
Jon Gosselin recently got a new HUGE tattoo on his back:
“I have planned this tattoo for years now,” Jon told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview. “I wanted something that resembled a rebirth or a change in me.”
Jon says he picked a Korean dragon because it’s a symbol of rebirth and the circle of life. “The dragon is all encompassing. It has all parts of the zodiac,” Jon tells RadarOnline.com.
The tattoo was designed at Never Say Die Tattoo parlor in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Jon’s first session was three weeks ago for six hours, the second took place a week ago and it was eight hours long.
The names and birth dates of his children are inscribed throughout the tattoo, as is the name Ellen with the date 4/8/10. Ellen Ross is Jon’s most recent girlfriend!
Jon also says he is now working with a life coach, Sylvia Lafair, to change his life. “I have just completed Section Two of my Total Leadership Connection program,” Jon told RadarOnline.com. WTH does THIS mean?! WhatEVER…
RIDICULOUS. GIVE ME A BREAK. And what’s up with tattooing his CURRENT girlfriend’s name along with his children?! His kids…OK. But his “for right now” girlfriend?! Come on guy!
Here’s the first look at the official trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Don’t forget they’re doing this movie in TWO PARTS, the first coming out this November, the 2nd (and FINAL ) coming out July 2011.
I STILL have NOT finished the book…still working on it…reading it right now…so NO SPOILERS please! I was really weary about watching the trailer actually for fear of spoilers, but I caved…and luckily it didn’t show TOO MUCH.
This last installment looks SO EPIC! Exciting but sad at the same time! Can’t believe it’s over after this…
Looks like two of this season’s hottest shows are heading to syndication!
Glee will be heading to Oxygen, which we hear is paying mid-six figures per episode, plus airing a 2011 reality show to find the next Glee star.
That Glee reality show on Oxygen for next summer, which fits into the network’s all-unscripted lineup, will feature contestants vying for a role on the musical dramedy. Co-creator Ryan Murphy had originally planned the contest to lead Glee’s 2nd season premiere on Fox this coming fall. But then he realized he was too busy.
Modern Family will land at USA Network which until now has been focused on hour long procedurals.
Hmm…Oxygen huh? That’s an INTERESTING choice. I don’t really see Glee matching on that station. Modern Family on USA seems like a better fit.
And what’s with the Glee reality show?! Can you say TOO MUCH EXPOSURE?! Altho you KNOW I’ll probably check it out when it airs , I don’t know if I NEED (or want) to see kids TRYING OUT for the show. That might be TOO MUCH information. I just wanna see who THEY PICK. That would be enough for me.
Istanbul, Turkey…still such an interesting choice of place.
Of course we’re going to start off with…JUSTIN:
First off, how in the world is JESSIE involved in this whole girlfriend thing? What are the chances that Jessie KNOWS Justin’s so-called “girlfriend” Jessica?! TOTALLY RANDOM. Very odd.
Ali was actually really lucky that Jessica came forward to expose Justin and his real motives…’cause Ali would probably still be keeping Justin around.
Wow, bad enough Justin had Jessica on the side while he’s trying to woo Ali…but Jessica said she found out he has ANOTHER girlfriend too! WTH?!
Justin’s reaction to Ali’s little confrontation was so…TYPICAL. Just walking out, trying to AVOID everything/everyone. Can’t believe he even walked thru the bushes, etc. just to get away from the cameras. Such a little coward.
Then when he finally came back to “talk” to Ali, he couldn’t even GATHER a sentence! Fumbling over his words. It was ridiculous. Totally AVOIDING again. Talk about an admission of GUILT.
BACHI for Justin…trying to con Ali, then the tables get turned on him. GOOD RIDDANCE.
Those voicemails to Jessica that they played while showing Justin leaving…CRAZY. I HOPE Jessica isn’t going to somehow crumble and take him back after all this…I mean, they WERE together almost 2 years! So it wasn’t a fling…
I do have to say that Ty is pretty attractive. Something about him is appealing. He’s actually quite a BIG man, isn’t he? Tall…very BROAD shoulders.
Ty really opened up quite a bit to Ali…about his divorce and all…and she definitely didn’t hold back on the “personal” questions.
Umm…the whole “traditional roles” thing is going to be a problem. FOR SURE. You can tell it really bothers Ali too, but she can’t really fault him for it, especially when he says he’s trying and has become more open-minded about everything.
Poor Craig! He literally FOUGHT (or should I say wrestled) for his one-on-one time with Ali…and I was really happy for him! He deserved to get AT LEAST some ALONE time with her, especially when people like FRANK got ANOTHER one-on-one date!
You could tell from the start of the date that Ali just didn’t feel that CHEMISTRY with Craig. Even when Ali was standing next to Craig and he had his arm around her, there was this VERY APPARENT SPACE between them…
That was probably the MOST PREDICTABLE boot ever. Poor guy. Especially because Ali didn’t even do a cocktail party…then finding out YOU’RE the guy she ALREADY KNEW she wanted to boot out.
I’m sorry…still don’t care for Frank. Just a kind of ooji-ness still. She always talks about the chemistry and romance they have…I somehow don’t see it.
And now seeing the PREVIEWS for the upcoming episodes…he’s pretty much living up to my reservations about him. He’s going to hurt her! Not that I LOVE Ali, but still…to wait ’til almost THE END to bring up something that’s going to hurt her like that. NOT COOL.
Didn’t care at ALL for the olive oil wrestling. That was lame. So barbaric and pretty much exploiting these guys without their shirts on.
I was pretty impressed that Craig beat Roberto tho. Yes, he’s physically taller and all, but Roberto was almost a pro baseball player! Come on! Good job guy!
So we’re down to the Top 5:
Those are pretty much the 5 “right” guys. I can’t believe HOW MUCH they showed in the upcoming previews. They basically showed HALF of who the Top 4 are…geez! That was WAY too much information already. Ali looks like she’s REALLY gonna be struggling with the fact of whether or not she’s meant to find “the one” on this show. I’m not surprised. Should be interesting who ends up in the end…
This is kind of a lengthy article, but it basically “reviews” the best of Lea’s performances on Glee. The writer of this article is a managing director for Prologue Theatre Company in Chicago. She basically kind of sums up exactly WHY Lea is SO GREAT…singing-wise anyway. Oh, and I added the pictures myself to help support the article.
This Girl’s Voice is Unstoppable!
Glee could have been a little cult hit without much viewers, but they made sure they cast the kind of talent that would make the world sit up and listen. Sure, there are fresh faces and raw talent, but they made sure that the lead female character was something special. Lea Michele doesn’t just have an incredible voice, she is one of the most talented Broadway vocalists of her generation. Her range is a dream, her tone is exceptional, her control is to die for, and she can really sing anything! It was hard to watch this season of American Idol, while listening to a talent like Lea Michele sing the stuffing out of songs each week. Just when you think you’ve heard all she has to offer, she hits a note higher and a run better then you ever expected. Let’s take a look at her finest vocal moments on Glee.
(1) Don’t Stop Believing: This is the song that started the whole phenomenon. If you weren’t sure who Lea Michele was before, this performance put her on your radar. Her voice absolutely soars through this Journey classic, and they sing it in a key that makes it intensely high for her. In usual form, she belts out a “D” like it is scratching her arm. Her voice made all of this happen!
(2) Borderline/Open Your Heart: I love Rachel/Finn duets, and this is no different. During Madonna week there was a lot going on, but this sweet mash up of two of Madonna’s early hits was just perfect. It shows off a softer, sweeter side of Lea Michele’s vocals and is also a really pretty duet.
(3) Poker Face: Lady Gaga week was amazing and it all came down to this incredible duet between Lea Michele and Idina Menzel. This is the stuff Broadway dreams are made of! It just doesn’t get any better then getting to hear Broadways young star with a living Broadway legend. This duet is fun, flirty, moving, and the harmony is awesome.
(4) Take a Bow: Rihanna isn’t known for her amazing technical skills, so it took everyone by surprise when Lea Michele turned this simple melody into a huge ballad. If anyone knows how to turn every song into a vocal masterpiece, it’s Lea. She builds it to a big held note during the bridge and effortlessly goes into the final chorus. It’s so beautiful.
(5) Taking Chances: This lesser known Celine Dion song, written by Kara DioGuardi, is literally one of the most stunning vocals you will ever hear. It blows Celine Dion’s version away, and shows us that Lea Michele is full of surprises. Her vocals show such respect for the integrity of a song, and when she decides to change it up and make it her own, it’s not over done, it’s amazing.
(6) Total Eclipse of the Heart: This is an easy song for someone with Lea Michele’s range, but her voice is great in every part of her range. This is one of the numbers that Jonathan Groff, her Broadway co-star, is around for and it is so fun to see them in a completely different light then their dark story line in the Tony Award winning Spring Awakening.
(7) Maybe This Time: Not only did we get to see Lea Michele sing with Idina Menzel on Glee, we also got to hear her sing with Kristin Chenoweth. Basically, this show causes Broadway fans to die and go to Broadway heaven. We get to see our favorite stars right on our television set singing duets we’d all love to hear. They sound amazing together, and Lea really turns up the heat for all these older, Broadway divas.
(8) Endless Love: I couldn’t figure out how we were going to be able to get a duet between Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison, as he plays her teacher. I knew they would have to figure out something, because you can’t have two Broadway stars on a show never sing together. Luckily, Lea Michele developed a short crush on Morrison’s character and the rest is history.
(9) Somebody to Love: This might be primarily a group number, but every soloist is a stand out here, and of course Lea Michele is one of them. She takes this Queen classic by storm, without stealing the thunder from her fellow castmates. It’s such an amazing ensemble number with everyone turning in such great performances.
(10) I Dreamed a Dream: That’s right, we get not one, but two duets with Lea and Idina Menzel! This one is so powerful and moving! It serves to not only showcase how great this song can be with amazing harmony as a duet, but it also pushes the story line forward in a really meaningful way. This one might even make you tear up.
(11) No Air: I’m a sucker for a Rachel/Finn duet, and this might just be my favorite. Especially, since it’s hard to listen to the original since Chris Brown ruined my ability to listen to any of his music. Lea Michele shows that she can match Jordin Sparks’s range no problem and has us all daydreaming about how she could have won every season of American Idol. UMM…TOTALLY!
(12) Smile: This is so fun and playful! I never thought I would get to hear Lea Michele sing a Lilly Allen song. It did not disappoint. We are so used to her singing the big ballads and dramatic numbers, that it is nice when she gets a fun song like this to be flirty and sassy.
(13) Like a Prayer: She opens up this Madonna number and it is so stunning that you might hold your breath and gape at your television in awe. I know I did. She just nails it. It’s haunting, beautiful, dramatic, and as usual she immediately captures your attention. She isn’t only an amazing singer, but a fabulous performer.
(14) Don’t Rain on My Parade: This was so good it won the Glee Club regionals and it got Lea Michele invited to the Tony Awards to reprise it. Her performance on the show was stunning, and her performance at the Tony Awards was straight up the best vocal audition any one’s going to have for the next revival of Funny Girl.
(15) Faithfully: I don’t know how the Glee club didn’t win sectionals! Lea Michele literally takes this song to new heights and fantastic notes. She belts and sustaining an “F” in this song and again does it like it’s the easiest note anyone could ever hit. Journey is definitely the band that got Glee club started, and it’s thanks to them and Lea Michele that this show is such a success.
As far as Lea Michele goes…I could listen to her sing ANYTHING. It’s hard to believe that a year ago, I didn’t even know who she was. Now, she’s like one of my favorite singers alongside Carrie Underwood and Celine Dion. Her voice is RIDICULOUS, especially for her age, she can sing ALL styles of music, not to mention her acting chops are quite awesome as well. Guess you could say she’s pretty perfect…at least IMO.
Such a hard choice to decide which performance of hers was my favorite on the show because I love ALL of them. Ever week I would WAIT to hear what song she’ll be singing next on the show…and I HATED IT when she wasn’t featured in an episode. Hated it. I think if I HAD to choose a favorite, I probably would pick Total Eclipse of the Heart or Poker Face. I think Lea’s voice is so haunting in TEOTH, plus I love that song to begin with. In Poker Face, talk about a DREAM COME TRUE to hear Lea sing with Idina Menzel! The harmonies in that one are amazing, and the stylistic arrangement was awesome to hear coming from Lea.
Sorry I didn’t get to blog about this week’s performances…I was a bit behind on that episode. I thought I’d just write a little about this week’s results.
Unfortunately for Cristina, the show isn’t ONLY about technical ability. While Cristina definitely was a great latin dancer, I always felt like she was missing some likability there…not where she’s UNlikable, but she just didn’t quite have that EXTRA thing to latch on to. Obviously America felt the same way.
I was REALLY SHOCKED that Robert was in the Bottom 3! I thought with his personality and his good looks, he’d be safe for a while…guess I shouldn’t ASSUME anything! At least the judges see what I see and couldn’t get rid of him yet. Although with the guys that are there this season, it’s TOUGH COMPETITION, so I can see where people like Robert COULD fall thru the cracks. I really may have to vote next week…he’s my FAVORITE GUY! Come on America!
Gosh…2 girls gone already…only 3 girls left…but still 6 GUYS left! A bit UNEVEN, wouldn’t you say?
*Just a thought about why the guys seem to be thriving a bit more than the girls – I think it has A LOT to do with the all-stars. All the all-star GIRLS they have are AWESOME…Courtney, Allison, Kathryn…even Lauren. Those girls are just AMAZING in EVERY performance they do – they totally shine – which totally BRINGS UP the level of performance in their guy partner. The all-star guys AREN’T slouches by any means, but…somehow they’re just not as SPARKLY and ARTISTIC as those girls.