Jake & Vienna sat down for a post-breakup interview with Chris Harrison after tonight’s Bachelorette. Boy, what an emotionally charged interview! I have to say it was QUITE interesting…more than any normal episode! Good stuff!
- I have to say I COULDN’T STAND Jake the WHOLE TIME! He was SO SMUG and came off as SUCH a JERK during this entire interview! Sad that the Jake we knew previously didn’t show up AT ALL during this interview.
- I’m not saying that Vienna doesn’t have her faults…but COME ON. We ALL knew how Vienna was from when she was on the show…spoiled, immature, etc. I don’t think her personality CHANGED after the show ended…so Jake knew what he was getting into, and even tho EVERYONE didn’t want him to pick Vienna…he did anyway. What did he expect?!
- I have to say that I felt for her and I felt that she was telling the truth. If you notice, Vienna described MANY SPECIFIC incidents to back herself up. Jake? NONE. All he would do is sit there, shake his head with that ARROGANCE, and deny everything.
- What was the most surprising out of all of this is JAKE. There was this WHOLE OTHER side of him that we NEVER saw on The Bachelorette or when he was The Bachelor. Vienna says he’s totally a “fame whore”…and I totally believe it. I mean…Dancing with the Stars RIGHT AFTER The Bachelor ended. And now who’s guest starring on Drop Dead Diva?!
- Also, she mentioned his temper…I wouldn’t have thought that about him at ALL…he seemed SO patient and compassionate on the show. But seeing him in this interview changed that.
- Sad to think that Jake just “pushed” Vienna away right after the show ended pretty much. And the no intimacy was pretty surprising too. Seems like it NEVER happened…so even during their one month of “bliss,” I guess even then there were some issues.
- Vienna looked genuinely HURT and I don’t blame her for trying to defend herself. YES, she would cut him off/interrupt almost everything he said…which btw IS irritating…but yet not surprising considering what we know of her. BUT in her defense, you know she HAD to do it otherwise Jake would just make it out to be what he wanted…and Vienna wouldn’t have “a voice.”
- Jake trying to call her out on the “guy in their apartment”…and her explanation that the guy was gay. TOTALLY BELIEVE IT.
- Jake accusing Vienna of ALWAYS UNDERMINING him…totally has to do with his CONTROL ISSUES. And he SURE seems to have a lot of them. The GPS example Jake gave? That was lame. That’s not undermining…he was already done with her so he just was scraping to try to come up with something. And her explanation of him throwing the GPS in the back of the car…anger issues?!
- The only part that I could SEE where it was questionable on Vienna’s part was how she got a job in L.A. when she says she hates L.A. But I think she got the job BEFORE they officially broke up…and now that she has a job, she NEEDS a job…so she’s keeping the job. Yes she may have gone to other tabloids, but like she said…and I believe her…she NEEDED to give HER SIDE. Even Vienna knows how MOST PEOPLE feel about her. How else was she going to get her voice out without just letting Jake make her out to be this horrible person (when it MAY not be true).
- When Chris asked Vienna if she wanted to apologize to Jake for anything…and she looked Jake directly in the eye (for quite a while too), I really felt she genuinely was trying to stick out that olive branch a little. At least she was willing to admit some of her mistakes. Then HE goes and INTERRUPTS HER! WTH?!
- SO DRAMATIC when Vienna stormed off crying! She seemed really hurt by his words…
Obviously the two of them breaking up is THE BEST SOLUTION…no question. I’m just surprised that they would both participate. They both didn’t necessarily didn’t come out on top here. Especially Jake. Did he really think he was coming off like this GREAT GUY here?! Give me a break.
To be honest, this interview was SO INTERESTING I wish ALL the Bachelor/Bachelorette breakups could be televised like that! Would’ve LOVED to have seen everything play out like that for the other couples! I know it’s REAL PEOPLE’s lives, but…it makes for GREAT TELEVISION.
*SARAH* – SERIOUSLY you didn’t get annoyed with Jake AT ALL during the interview?! Totally on his side? Didn’t see Vienna’s side?