This week’s group of semifinalists was overall MUCH BETTER than last week. Much more talent in this group. Here’s some of the outstanding ones:
- How many magician/illusionists can really make it? But I have to say Michael’s tricks are pretty impressive. I didn’t feel that this one was AS great as last week, but it was still quite cool. And somehow I feel like we should be able to explain how he did it…just because this one had a lot of time where people could’ve moved around somehow…
- I’m putting the two magic guys next to each other on purpose. Michael or Murray? Which one? Tough call. I can see what Piers & Howie were saying about all the “narration” Murray did…but I feel like that’s part of his act. He always talks a lot to explain stuff. But making a whole TRAIN disappear…come on now…how crazy is THAT?! Pretty impressive. And the silhouette of the train was there all the way up ’til that last minute when he pulled the sheet off…WTH?! HOW DID HE DO THAT?!
*SIDE NOTE: Between Michael & Murray, I might have to go with Murray…only because his stunts involve much more outrageous objects/animals. So far he’s used a mustang, a tiger, and now a train. I mean…all those things are not objects you can just THROW AROUND, but yet he’s able to make them appear/disappear. Michael usually uses humans, which are much easier to “manipulate.” Not AS impressive, imo.
- OK, I’m STILL QUITE freaked out by Jackie’s operatic voice. I still CAN’T BELIEVE she is able to sing LIKE THAT…AT 10 YEARS OLD! She should be AT LEAST 50 with a voice like that! It’s just…CRAZY. BUT I will say I was LESS freaked out this week, and I actually kind of enjoyed her performance. Mainly because her song choice was AWESOME. “Time To Say Goodbye”…originally sung by Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli. I mean…come on! That’s ONE TOUGH SONG. And it really showed off her range.
- She DID mess up that last note, but I bet the live audience couldn’t even hear it, they were cheering so loud by that point. The judges didn’t point it out, so I bet they didn’t hear it either.
- No matter how WEIRD it is that she can sing like that, it is a GOSH DARN TALENT and she deserves to move on. Oh, but I’m not loving her answers to the questions that Nick asks her – TOO REHEARSED. She needs to start talking more like the 10 YEAR OLD kid she is!
- I still don’t know if Jeremy’s bike stunts can be a WHOLE SHOW, but I have a bit of a soft spot for him. The video clip doesn’t show the backstory, but to see him take that HUGE FALL in rehearsal, but still be able to pull off that DANGEROUS stunt high up like that…what a trooper! Not to mention he already stumbled on one of his earlier tricks in his act. He has no fear! And he seems like such a NICE GUY. Very sweet. I’m rooting for him.
- What can I say about these guys? Their stunts and props were definitely “upped” this time. Very cool with the neon colors (especially in the head guy’s eyes) and skateboards.
- Can’t believe they all “took a break” from college to pursue this! I hope it pays off!
- Very interesting to me how Fighting Gravity was put in the pimp spot…just like Prince Poppycock…and they didn’t put them in the same semifinals group as Poppycock. I’m thinking the show’s trying to “mold” it’s Top 10, don’t you?