Wow, I didn’t realize they were breaking it down to the Top 24 already! I’m glad tho…let’s get to the voting!
Just some highlights of the Las Vegas/Beatles round:
PIA TOSCANO & KAREN RODRIGUEZ:
- I’m mainly posting this one because of Pia. I was quite impressed with her voice…it’s a lot stronger than I thought. Not to mention she’s so pretty and seems like a nice girl.
TIM HALPERIN & JULIE ZORILLA:
- This little “piano duel” was great! Both Tim & Julie give off this “artistic” vibe so well…it was a great match-up!
- There have been comparisons of Thia to Charice. Umm…imo, Thia is good, but…she’s NOT Charice. But considering Thia’s only 15…she’s very good. And her voice has this uniqueness to it which is great.
LAUREN ALAINA & SCOTTY MCREERY:
- The judges weren’t really feeling their performance, but I thought it was cute! It was also great to hear Scotty singing in a different, HIGHER key. He actually can belt more than I thought he could. I wish Lauren had a bigger part, but it was cute how she put in the comedic and animated stuff. I still really like her.
- Altho Robbie is still not the most “typical” American Idol…and his looks aren’t the most appealing (sorry, I know it’s mean…but it’s true), he REALLY does have a GREAT VOICE. He’s pretty talented. Good job!
And now…THE GREEN MILE Part I. To be honest, the only video I really need to post is the SHOCKER of not just the EPISODE…but the entire SEASON SO FAR:
Chris Medina is OUT. Wow. I was TOTALLY SHOCKED. I personally wasn’t TOTALLY SOLD on him (something about him just didn’t sit well), but I figured America would be…and at LEAST the judges would have been. But SURPRISE, SURPRISE. Man.
And I gotta say…the video of him singing his last solo before getting the boot…Coldplay’s “Fix You”…was QUITE good.
Jennifer’s breakdown after she told him he was out…did NOT expect her to react THAT emotionally. It was actually kind of touching to see her get to upset about the fact that she had to tell him no, and the fact that she really thought she didn’t say it nicely enough (she totally did). Jennifer did a great job “letting down” all the booted contestants…she’s very honest but not mean. And you can tell she really cares. Considering how upset she was after Chris’ boot, how can she compose herself enough to do the rest of the Top 24?!
Until tomorrow…when the rest of the Top 24 is announced…