I have to say…this was probably THE BEST season premiere EVER of Dancing with the Stars. Why? Because practically EVERY celebrity/contestant is GOOD! I was so impressed!
Here are just the standouts for me tonight:
SHERRI SHEPHERD and Val:
- I thought Sherri totally held her own tonight. The best thing about her is she looks like she is having SO MUCH FUN dancing! That alone makes up for a lot! Makes you happy watching her. And I gotta say, she looked great in her dress! A little top heavy, but otherwise the dress was quite flattering!
WILLIAM LEVY and Cheryl:
- I had to read up on who William was, but there’s really only one word to describe him: HOT. Man, the guy is gorgeous…He’s so tall and athletic! Phew…just gotta *swoon* a little bit. And THANK GOD the guy CAN DANCE! Yay! He’s very cute (kinda like a younger Ricky Martin), and boy do the women LOVE HIM?! He got such a LOUD AND LONG standing ovation. And you KNOW it was JUST ’cause he’s so hot. BUT at LEAST he’s got some dancing chops to back it up! Good for him! I wouldn’t mind watching him again for the weeks to come…
KATHERINE JENKINS and Mark:
- While I did gush a LOT about William, hands down my favorite of the night was Katherine. Did NOT know who she was…and totally don’t remember her performing on DWTS in a previous season. But that didn’t matter. She was REALLY GOOD. She’s very pretty. Love that she’s from the UK…Her accent is awesome. But her personality is so sweet and cute. She really seemed touched by all the praise after she danced, which was great to see. Loved her. Technically she’s QUITE GOOD. So happy for her! I just hope her “obscurity” isn’t going to hurt her chances! ‘Cause she’s a TOTAL contender for that trophy!
GLADYS KNIGHT and Tristan:
- I guess it’s not THAT surprising, but Gladys Knight can DANCE! And she looks great doing it! She has such a great attitude about it, and right now I don’t feel too much “diva” coming from her…which hopefully stays that way. And interesting they paired her with Tristan. Once again (he was with Nancy Grace last season) he’s with the “older woman.” He MUST be patient or something…or he’s pretty traditional in his choreography.
JALEEL WHITE and Kym:
- Another one not that surprising, but Jaleel can DANCE! I figured he could. And definitely because most people know him as the clutzy/dorky Urkel, even MORE it would be a surprise that he’s actually smooth on the dance floor. I think Kym has a GREAT chance at that trophy this year! He was great!
Who was YOUR favorite?