Don’t have time to post all of the performances from tonight’s 80s night, so I’ll just post the ones I liked.
- Aww…so cute that Phil’s brother-in-law got to perform with him…and that Phil looks up to/was inspired by his brother-in-law like that!
- I wouldn’t say this was my favorite of Phil’s performances so far…but he did a good job and really “Phil-ified” this Genesis song. Great as usual!
- Also, it was cute to see some personality from Phillip at the end of the show…when Ryan was making his final announcements, and Phil kinda shadowed behind Ryan while making faces.
- I was a bit annoyed with the judges’ comments tonight because I felt like they really didn’t give her ANY credit for what she did! YES she MAY have looked a BIT awkward up there, but come on…this was her FIRST upbeat number this season! At least she DID ONE, and she moved around the stage/audience too! Hollie’s only 18! She still needs to get more comfy up there! Steven said her pitch was all over the place…I disagree with that one. There were a few shaky parts, but…it wasn’t THAT BAD.
- Come on America…Vote to keep Hollie in! She deserves to keep going!
- I actually already had the Quietdrive version of Time After Time, and I thought it was the PERFECT arrangement for Colton. He definitely wouldn’t have matched with the Cyndi Lauper version.
- He dyed his hair MORE blond! I always do like the way he dresses. I didn’t realize he has a tattoo!
- When they showed Skylar rehearsing Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5, I actually thought that was a good choice for her. BUT it was very predictable. Would’ve been a TYPICAL Skylar performance. Wind Beneath My Wings was definitely different for her, but it was great because it really let Skylar show off her vocal range! She hit some HIGH notes in there! While Skylar definitely isn’t my favorite, I’ve always said she really has a good voice…It’s strong, pretty pure, and now we see that she’s got quite a range! Good choice! And lucky for her, she got the pimp spot this week after being in the Bottom 3 last week. Unlucky for Hollie because she already had gone last in a previous week (Hollie was in the B3 last week too!).
Just a couple of notes about some of the others:
- Umm…while she seemed to have gotten better the last couple of weeks, Elise’s attitude? STILL THERE. Totally. As soon as the judges’ comments turned negative, you saw her face drop and the “chip” come out. She just can’t take criticism…You can tell she doesn’t agree with what they’re telling her. So she doesn’t “soak it all in” like others would. And that is why I still CANNOT like her…no matter how much talent she may have.
- Jessica to me still isn’t awesome. Another Whitney song?! What are you trying to say? Her voice is strong, but it’s just not pure enough for me. Plus I feel like she’s not as effortless as you would think she would be.
What do YOU think?