Based on the preview from last week, I was expecting this episode to be really creepy…But it really wasn’t. A BIT twisted and MAD (pun intended ), but another great episode, imo…
- And this week’s fairytale we visit is Alice in Wonderland. Not quite the typical story we all know…but that’s one of the best things about this show — how they kinda twist the story a bit.
- Umm…WHY is it that Jefferson, aka “The Mad Hatter,” CAN REMEMBER things in Storybrooke?! And how come HE gets to have the SAME NAME in both worlds?! I mean, I KNOW it’s his curse that he has to live with in Storybrooke, but I guess since he’s kinda mad, him remembering the fairytale world doesn’t do much since he comes off as crazy.
- And I didn’t realize that The Queen actually has a REAL NAME in fairytale land…and that it’s ALSO REGINA. How funny.
- So the Mad Hatter actually has a daughter. Interesting. I love the addition of the White Rabbit as a stuffed animal.
- Wait…So the Queen had to steal her father back from the Queen of Hearts? I guess this is all happening BEFORE she ends up sacrificing her father for the access to the curse?
- Now WHO is the Queen of Hearts?! We never got to see her! Interesting how she and THE Queen kinda have a power struggle going on. There’s only ONE Queen…
- Wow, they really took the OFF WITH HIS HEAD thing to new heights huh? Kinda LOVED that. And the fact that Jefferson in Storybrooke HAS the stitches all around his neck?! Creepy, yet AWESOME.
- So when Mary Margaret kicked Jefferson out the window, and he disappeared, where did he go?
- So…Mr. Gold AND Regina ARE working together still? So THEY put the key in MM’s cell to “help” her escape, only to have their plan backfire because of Emma. Interesting.
- At the end when Emma saw Paige, aka Grace, at Henry’s school, and she went into the storybook, are they trying to say that Emma is FINALLY starting to believe?!
While this story was a bit on the crazy side, I really liked it. And I’m guessing this won’t be the last we see of The Mad Hatter/Jefferson…