Glee is back baby! And I have to say, for the first episode of Season 3…I liked it! Quite a bit actually!
Good way to start off the season…
- Now, at the beginning they tried to address who was graduating/not. But they didn’t address EVERYONE did they? I don’t remember hearing about Puck or Mercedes (Mercedes’ bf mentioned when she graduates, but he didn’t necessarily say it was this year)? Brittany?
- We got introduced to a new character, Sugar. Umm…her audition was ridiculous. Come on now….Let’s get serious. I read that she and Santana will be butting heads a bit, mainly because Brittany is going to take a liking to Sugar. Hmm…
- Wow, Blaine transferred to McKinley ALREADY?! Now THAT was fast. I thought they’d drag it out a little more.
- I am LOVING all this Rachel/Kurt stuff. They are TOO CUTE together! It’s so “brother and sister”! Their performance of Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead was amazing! Lea (and Chris) are SO GOOD at the Broadway stuff…so effortless! And they sounded awesome!
- Wow, Lindsay Pearce got to the be first Glee Project contestant to be featured on the show! I have to say she did a GREAT job! Her character Harmony was quite hilarious and she sounded great in her musical number! Good job Lindsay!
- I felt SO SAD for Rachel & Kurt after they attended that NYAPA mixer! It was almost like looking in a mirror for the two of them, except now they both feel inadequate…which to me is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS. None of those crazy Broadway kids could hold a candle to either one of them! But I loved that they reacted that way…I thought they both would’ve seen the Broadway kids and then STILL think they were BETTER than everyone there. But they didn’t. It was great because it showed that Rachel & Kurt still have that vulnerability…which is really what makes people love their characters. AWW!
- Not too enthused about Sue’s platform for her candidacy…but it’s pretty entertaining I guess. I love how she made Santana AND Becky co-captains of the Cheerios. Umm…Santana got kicked out of the Glee club for setting the piano on fire…Wonder how long that will last/what she’ll do.
- Quinn going all “skank”? Umm…IMO kind of a lame storyline for her. On a side note, the one kinda pretty skank girl was Courtney Galiano from SYTYCD! Awesome! We’ve seen her in many episodes as a backup dancer…now she actually got to act and speak! Cool!
- LOVED the group numbers in this episode! Last season they didn’t do as many group numbers as the first season, so I was so happy to get TWO in the first episode of this season already! Yay!
- We Got The Beat was basically a “girl power” number — all the girls had the lead parts in that one. Such a fun number, and great to see them in a different atmosphere (in the cafeteria). At least there everyone pretty much HAD to pay attention to them. Altho it did end up in a food fight…but oh well. It got Sugar to audition. So at least you know people were watching.
- You Can’t Stop the Beat is like THE BEST number from Hairspray, and such a great group number…so fun! Loved all the purple! Perfect number to end the episode with! Got every up and excited about Season 3!
Can’t wait for next week! Idina’s back!