Now that the Top 12 have been announced, here are my favorites:
- To be honest, my favorite was Phillip Lomax, but since LA CUT him, Marcus is now my favorite guy. He doesn’t sing the type of music I would BUY, but of the remaining guys, at least he’s a good SINGER. I’m NOT a fan of rappers, so I can’t back Chris or Astro. Plus Marcus seems like a good/nice guy.
- Kinda LOVING Lakoda Rayne. I still can’t believe they WEREN’T a group initially. Their voices blend SO WELL together, plus they LOOK so good together. Not to mention I’m loving the country twang. They were HANDS DOWN my favorite group for sure. I would totally buy their album.
- Josh was my favorite guy coming in to this round, and that DEFINITELY HASN’T CHANGED. Wow. His performance was SO VULNERABLE and SHOWY. Great job. Plus he’s so cute when he’s not singing…when he’s standing there smiling. I just wish he would change his hair. If he had a clean cut look, that would make him that much more appealing, imo. But so far, LOVE HIM.
- Drew. Wow. Only 14 years old. AMAZING. Plus she’s so cute. I’m just so impressed with how MATURE she is with her singing. And I LOVE all the lifts she does with her singing. Plus she can belt. It’s just…WOW. Now all we have to do is see her perform a real upbeat song.
- Melanie, Melanie…You are definitely the showstopper. Perfect song choice, albeit a predictable one…but that’s what she does best — power ballads. She’s got that big booming voice. Again, what I love about Melanie is her genuineness and humbleness. That plays a big role in her likability/accessibility to America. When she broke down at the end of her performance, I just felt for her. After everything she’s been thru in this competition…now singing last in tonight’s show…Talk about overwhelming. But she proved why she deserved to be there.
The results in general were pretty predictable…and overall the right choices EXCEPT for the boys — still think Phillip should’ve stayed. But the girls group was definitely the TOUGHEST call…mainly because I was worried Simon would keep ONE of those girls JUST to make a point. But thank goodness he came to his senses! The one thing about Simon…he DOES listen to AMERICA. He’s not dumb enough to keep someone just cause HE likes them, but America DOESN’T. Phew.
Next week’s Top 12 should be a GREAT SHOW! It’s a great group of contestants! Can’t wait!