Wow. I’m shocked. Did NOT expect a LOT of what went down tonight on the results show!
- I think a lot of people are still BOGGLED by the fact that Chris Rene has YET to see the bottom 3. Yes he may not be the strongest performer or vocalist, but…a little heart really does go a long way. People feel for his story (the druggie trying to turn his life around…be a better man for himself and his son) and they TOTALLY wanna root for him. Plus he doesn’t come across arrogant AT ALL, and his performances are always so REAL and GENUINE. Gotta give it to him. But I do think his time is about to/should run out (next week).
- Wow, Astro was FINALLY booted! And booted to the point where the judges COULDN’T save him! Can I get a woohoo?! I thought he would be in the B3, but not THE lowest. I figured the judges would’ve had a chance to save him…and they would have. If I’m being honest, good riddance. Never thought he was going to win, and don’t feel he deserved it after what he did a couple of weeks ago anyway.
- Now for the REAL shocker — DREW!!! Wow. Still can’t believe it. When she was the last girl standing I was thinking…Uh oh…I feel a shocker coming on. To me, this was a perfect example of why allowing the JUDGES to boot someone out actually HURT the contestant. You would think having the judges decide would be BETTER, but…no. Not when the votes that counted were Nicole & Paula. Simon & LA cancelled each other out, and when it was down to the ladies, I was worried. And obviously for good reason. I KNEW the ladies haven’t been impressed with Drew lately…they were getting bored with her “same old” performances every week. And to be honest, Paula especially was the iffy one. She ALWAYS tends to fall for/lean towards the guys. If it came down to America’s votes, I am 99% sure Drew would STILL be standing there. Poor thing. I totally had her pegged in the Top 3!
- Oh boy was Simon mad. The other judges really went after him last night, and he stood by his decisions. But tonight, when his girl was handing on her last leg, he really had to try to play nice & suck up to the ladies…and obviously it was too little, too late.
- I honestly felt that Drew was BETTER than Marcus. I still believe that…Marcus may be a more energetic and charming performer, but vocally Drew was definitely more consistent. Plus I really do believe she’ll sell more albums than Marcus would. She reaches more demographics than he does.
- Drew shouldn’t worry. Someone (probably Simon) will pick her up/sign her anyway. Although the LONGER you can stay…even if you don’t win…the better. The amount of EXPOSURE you get from a show like this…you CAN’T get anywhere else. But I think Drew did leave a lasting impression on America. Good luck to her and I’m SURE this isn’t the last we’ll be seeing/hearing about her!