“Thank you” songs for Thanksgiving week…! Cute! Let the waterworks begin…
RACHEL CROWE I Believe:
- Oh geez…Rachel’s story was so sad and touching! Man! And boy oh boy was she a CUTE kid or what?! So cute to see her sister talk about her too. While the song was pretty appropriate, she got a little waily towards the end…even a bit out of tune in parts. The performance did feel a bit long too. Oh, and that dress? Eh. Weird.
MARCUS CANTY Song for Mama:
- 2 for 2. ANOTHER tearjerker of a story! What Marcus’ mom did for him and his sister…so admirable and touching! So cute how he’s a mama’s boy…but at least he’s grateful and appreciates what his mom did for him. The song was a great choice. Overall he did a great job, altho there were a couple iffy spots. Probably my favorite of his performances.
MELANIE AMARO The World’s Greatest:
- First of all, WHOA…where the heck did that ACCENT come from?! That was totally unexpected! I guess we never really heard her talk enough to hear the accent? After she performed…Wow. This was the first week where the REAL Melanie finally came out! She must’ve really been “feeling it”! While God can be a bit controversial in shows like this, in this case it was very appropriate for Melanie. Another sad backstory. Can’t imagine not being able to live with your parents for most of your childhood. Altho at least they thought of their kids enough to try to take care of them. Oh, and btw…she looked gorgeous tonight!
CHRIS RENE Let It Be:
- We’ve heard Chris’ story since the auditions, but it was nice to meet his advisor from his treatment center. Really puts things into perspective. Chris has been through a lot, and it’s nice to know he’s turning his life around! Once again, he really shouldn’t sing too much…the vocals weren’t very good. But yet I always “feel something” from his performances. He really puts his heart into it.
LAKODA RAYNE You Belong With Me:
- Hard to get as attached to the story of 4 different girls. But the performance was pretty good, altho in pretty much every performance, there’s always parts of the vocals that are off. Overall, I agree with the judges that it was one of their best numbers. Did it stand out tho? Nope.
LEROY BELL Angel:
- So sweet that LeRoy dedicated the song to his mother. You can tell how muc she meant to him. Great song choice for him. He did seem more connected to this song vs any other song he’s sung so far. Good for him!
ASTRO Show Me What You Got:
- Well, what can I say? I’m sorry, I can’t forgive him for the way he acted. When he said that he acted up after being in the B2 because of all the hard work he put in, and yet he was still “punished”…Umm, HELLO…ALL THE CONTESTANTS are working JUST as hard as you, but are they throwing little hissyfits about it?! NO SIR. So you can try to cover up and apologize all you want, but that attitude was TOTALLY uncalled for. You don’t deserve to move on. But did you notice how much “cuter” he was trying to be after he performed? Smiling up a STORM. Too little, too late.
- Very cute that Drew dedicated this to her best friend. Aww! This was actually a pretty tough song to sing. SO exposed. You really have to carry the song on your own. Drew did a good job overall…only towards the end where she had to belt a bit more it got a little shaky. But still good job! And LA…WTH are you talking about?! A song for a 40 year old?! Last time I checked, Demi Lovato was 19. 19. A TEENAGER. You’re just trying to find criticisms for Simon’s girls since they’re all so good. Get over it already. That comment tonight was just lame. And I totally understand Drew’s response. Glad she stood up for herself. And at least she didn’t come across arrogant while doing it.
JOSH KRAJCIK Wild Horses:
- Josh is like a seasoned professional already. Loved that he played the piano. Great rendition. Very moving. Not much more I can say. Very fitting his got the pimp spot this week.