The all-anticipated Michael Jackson episode is here!
- Ah…so THAT’S how they wrote Blaine out of the storyline for a while so that Darren Criss could go to Broadway to do How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. Stung by a slushie! Man, when Sebastian hit him and Blaine went down…Man. Never saw someone get so injured and be in so much pain from a slushie! But I guess it WASN’T just a slushie. Crazy. That was a bit extreme actually. Oh, and WTH was that number performed? Such a dark & desolate parking garage! Creepy!
- Did like how they all got to dress up like MJ in the Wanna Be Startin Somethin number tho. Very cool.
- The MJ storyline stuff in this one was a bit cheesy and over the top at times. But I guess it would be hard to come up with some meaning for them to do so many MJ songs.
- Happy for Kevin that he got to get out of the wheelchair AND show his dance moves in Scream! Besides Harry, Kevin is probably the best dance in the cast, so it was nice he got to show it off once again. And boy did they make that number look JUST like the original Michael/Janet music video! Awesome!
- I do like those Rachel/Quinn touching scenes. Like Rachel says, Quinn will be totally upfront and honest with her, and Rachel does need to hear that stuff. Otherwise she’ll be too blinded when it comes to Finn. And wow…Yale?! Good job Quinn! So you kinda have to assume that Quinn WON’T be returning next season right?! How can she, unless she decides not to go to Yale…which seems dumb since they’re making such a big deal about how she made it into that school!
- Gotta say that I listened to Dianna’s Never Can Say Goodbye before watching the performance in the episode, and it was quite boring. Dianna always tends to get the more boring numbers when she does solos. BUT watching it in the episode…It was great! Dianna did a great job, and LOVED how they had the three guys in it with her! So cute! Great number!
- When Finn was trying to explain to Rachel WHY he wants to get married/engaged NOW versus later was kinda sad. It really seems like he feels that she is the ONLY thing he has going for him…And if she’s really going to go to NYC, he NEEDS to have that commitment with her in order to keep her. Which, while sad, is kinda true. Finn says he’s going to go to NYC with Rachel…But I think we all know that once she’s up there, he won’t be able to “keep” her. And I’m glad she didn’t just jump in and say yes. At least she’s thinking about things. ‘Cause if we were in Season 1 and Finn proposed, how much do you wanna bet she would’ve just jumped into his arms and said yes immediately?!
- Pretty cute how Santana is so bonded with Kurt now. How she wants to help to get back at The Warblers (mainly Sebastian) for what they did to Blaine. Look how far they (Santana) has come! Who would’ve thought…
- OK. Smooth Criminal was QUITE the number. Probably my favorite one…but mainly because of those DUELING CELLOS. That was genius to do that. Awesome. Naya & Grant Gust (Sebastian) did a great job too Loved the arrangement of that song. Hard to mess with Michael, but this arrangement almost made it seem like its own song.
- Yay! Kurt is a finalist for NYADA! So happy for him! So cute too how Burt came to school JUST to bring it to him…and the moment with the two of them when Kurt found out was so touching.
- When Kurt told her he was a finalist for NYADA, but Rachel still hadn’t gotten a letter…that scene was amazing. Lea Michele was FLAWLESS. TOTALLY felt for Rachel. You know how much she wanted that NYADA acceptance, and to hear Kurt got one just broke her. Such a great scene.
- OK, when Finn sang I Just Can’t Stop Loving You to (and with) Rachel, you just KNEW that song…plus still not hearing back from NYADA…would make Rachel say YES to Finn’s proposal. Which again is kinda sad, because she basically was “falling back” on her boyfriend because her real dream wasn’t happening. Don’t get me wrong, I KNOW she loves Finn…but really we all know that NOTHING can compete with her real dream of making it and becoming a star!
- Black or White always was…and still is…one of my favorite MJ songs! I loved their arrangement…the mixture of all the different singers/solos…and the fact that they ended up mixing The Warblers in with New Directions. Yay! OMG…and how they did the whole morphing thing like they do in the music video! LOVE!
- WOOHOO! Rachel is a finalist too! To be realistic, I’m amazed she made it considering her suspension supposedly showed up on her record for her application. SO HAPPY for her! But LOVED that last moment when Kurt asked her if she told Finn. Umm. OOPS. You could tell Finn hadn’t even CROSSED HER MIND. AND SO IT BEGINS…
Next week, all I have are two words — RICKY. MARTIN. ‘Nuff said. Should be a fun one!