I’ll Make Love To You:
- I voted for this song for Marcus to sing because I could totally hear him singing it. And sure enough, this song matched him really well. Was it really memorable? Umm…no. But his performance was pretty much how it always is. Totally fine.
- Didn’t like this version. He sounded a little off the whole time. But what I will give him credit for is for arranging it into the type of music that Marcus would actually sing. But I personally didn’t like it.
- This was another song that I voted for for. Sugar Ray and Chris Rene…kinda go together. Chris definitely still needs to work on his vocals, but when he goes into his little rapping stuff, he makes up for it.
- It’s amazing how Chris can sound SO MUCH better vocally on certain songs versus other songs. Didn’t think Chris would be able to pull this song off since it’s much more of a SINGER’s song…But surprise surprise, he sounded great! And once again, he’s just got that heart and genuineness about him that is SO relatable and makes you want to root for him. He did a great job!
- I actually voted for another song for Melanie to sing…UNTIL I found out Melanie herself wanted to sing Hero. One word = PERFECTION. That was amazing. I LOVED the key change. The arrangement gave it such a more haunting feel. So exposed and so vulnerable. AWESOME. And she looked great! LOVED it. Wish they would RECORD these songs! I wanna buy a full version!
- Although this song is a bit oversung on American Idol, Melanie singing it just makes it all “new” again. She’s just SO effortless. What’s so AWESOME about Mel is that she’s got that big booming voice, so she can hit these huge notes…but then what’s even better is usually when she ends her songs, she doesn’t end with a huge money note. While that would definitely be impressive, it’s even more impressive that she ends with a more controlled, softer note. Amazing! Oh, and she finally separated herself from the mic stand at the end! Good job!
- This song really matched Josh. I believe this was the song he wanted to sing too. He sounded great as usual. Once again tho, I wasn’t wowed. It was just very good.
- I believe this is only the 2nd time Josh played the piano in a performance. It’s really great when he does. This arrangement was very vulnerable. He did a great job. When he gets those “crazy eyes” tho…it’s a little creepy, I gotta say. But I’m sure he doesn’t even realize he’s doing it.
This week, NO FINAL SHOWDOWN, NO JUDGE’S PICK. Now THAT could definitely change things. The judges REALLY have NO CONTROL this week. Good and bad with that one. So that means you really have to VOTE!